CJE’s Summer Reading Program is back! This year’s program will be run virtually with eBooks as our physical library remains closed. Our eBook collection is brand new and we can’t wait to launch this new collection with our summer reading program!
This year’s program is running from July 1-August 31 and prizes can be claimed until Labor Day. The CJE is grateful that this year’s sweet prizes were generously donated by a few local bakeries and cafes such as Pariser’s Bakery and Chef Dan’s Café!
How does the program work?
- Read 5 picture books or 3 chapter books (age/content appropriate) from our eLibrary. If you have forgotten or need a new username and/or password, contact Jessica Fink at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out your summer reading postcard you received in the mail or download your own here.
- Complete the Summer Reading Submission Form below, which includes uploading your completed bookmark.
- Participants will be notified via email when their prize is ready for pickup every other Friday (July 17, 31, Aug 14 and after August 31)
- All participants can receive a free sample size ice cream from Sprinkles by bringing in their Summer Reading Postcard.
Who can participate?
The Summer Reading Program is open to students in preschool through high school!
Read our FAQs
About our eBook Collection
This collection was solely curated based off of our Summer Reading Program. The books that were included fall into at least one of these four categories:
- Newest critically-acclaimed Jewish children’s books (ex. Sydney Taylor Awards)
- Books from the local Jewish Day Schools’ summer reading lists
- Jewish Biographies
- Jewish Historical Fiction
Many of the picture books in our eBook Collection were chosen specifically because they have a higher content level that focuses on a non-fiction topic in a user-friendly way. They are meant to be read in one or two days so that the children can read through them quickly, but still learn valuable lessons from our Jewish history.
For questions, please contact our librarian, Jessica Fink at email@example.com